Chicken + Lemongrass Wonton Soup



I absolutely love wonton soup!  So when I came across this Donna Hay recipe I though I would give it a whirl.  Making the wontons is so much easier than I ever thought + the broth is to die for!

You will need....
200g chicken mince
1 stalk of lemongrass, finely chopped
2 teaspoons finely grated ginger
1 eggwhite
1 packet of wonton wrappers
1.5 litres of chicken stock
3 slices of ginger
3 kaffir lime leaves, crushed
1 long red chilli, sliced
350g gai larn or bok choy


 Here's a picture of the wontons so you know what to look for in the supermarket.  They are usually in the fridge section near the fresh hokkien noodles.

Combine, mince, lemongrass ginger + eggwhite.  Place a teaspoon of chicken mixture onto wonton wrapper + fold (see instructional video below).  Place stock, ginger, lime leaves + chilli in a saucepan over medium heat + bring to a simmer.  Add wontons + simmer for 6 minutes, add the gai larn + simmer for a further 2 minutes.  Divide the wontons between bowls, serve with broth + gai larn and enjoy!! 



Find it here on You Tube if you can't view it above.

Serves 4


Let me know what you think!  
xx L.
);