Search:

Guest Blog ~ Nate's Red + White Party


Guest Blog | Nate's Red + White Party

A couple of weekends ago I went to my little Godson's 4th birthday party and I was very impressed with the party styling done by his beautiful mum Natalie.  So impressed was I that I asked her to do a guest post about all the little details that came together so perfectly.  Being the lovely person Natalie is, she agreed!  Enjoy!  





The theme was RED & WHITE as Nate's favourite colour is red!
To keep some flexibility when buying and designing the decorations I opted for "stars", "stripes" & "spots".


From a party supply store I bought my - paper lanterns, the star lolly bags and the polka dot lolly bags. The polka dot balloons and red pop corn boxes were also from here.


The red & white paper straws, the red & white cake candles and the red & white striped lolly bags are all by Paper Eskimo


The lolly jars, the red and white lolly bowls and the various ribbons were all from one of those $2/hot dollar type stores.
I filled the jars with various red and white lollies and gumballs.

The red throw, the NATE letters and the red and white mini ball decorations were all things from around my home. It is amazing what you will find you already have that you can use.



For some quick and easy treats  I did red jelly cups and chocolate dipped strawberries.


Even lunch had to include red . . . mini hot dogs were a huge hit.


The drinks - I bought "pop tops" from the supermarket. I replaced the apple juice with raspberry and apple cordial as it had to be "red". I tied red ribbon around the blue lids to help disguise the none matching colour. The labels on the bottles I designed in illustrator and printed, cut and paste myself.  I also designed and made all the bunting flags (I printed them and then pasted them to cardboard), lolly bag tags, lolly jar labels, jelly cards and chocolate wrappers.


For the chocolate bars I bought Cadbury Furry Friends. I replaced the original wrappers with foil and then my personally designed paper labels.


I had my husband make the mini white shelves used to display the cup cakes and lolly jars.


The cake was an M&M's option from Wendy's.

As it was a 4 year olds birthday we kept the games simple, quick and went with the tried and tested traditional options.

Pin the tail on the Donkey
Whack the PiƱata
 Donut eating contest 




The beautiful birthday boy himself,  Happy Fourth Birthday Nate!
Thank you Natalie for sharing all your clever party secrets, it was a brilliant day! 
xx L.

);