New Years Eve 2013




New Years Eve Party Ideas

So I am hosting what I promised hubby to be a small, no fuss, super casual NYE BBQ, but I can't resist some cute little touches in the decorations department and I've thrown a couple of yummy cocktails in too.  Here are some of my favourite ideas I found around the net....



I just love this super easy idea for sparklers, pop them in a tin bucket or cute flower pot, add some sand or pebbles and make some little signs, so simple.  Photo from Hostess with the Mostess.



NYE stir toppers, a skewer with the sharp end removed, patterned A4 paper, print some cute sayings on paper, cut them out and glue to skewer, easy peasy.



You can never go past DIY queen Martha Stewart for some inspiration, loving these tinsel numbers, find the tutorial details here.



So this one may be a bit more time consuming but super cute and super thoughtful.  You can no longer buy this particular bracelet, but you could easily print your own card and make a simple bracelet with embroidery cotton.  Photo from Room 6.

Now for some yummy cocktails, I found these delicious looking frozen mango + raspberries cocktails at Taste.  But I think I am going to simplify the recipe by using mango + raspberries sorbet instead of cutting up the fresh fruit and freezing then blending.

Last but not least some vodka lemon sorbet shots, yum yum!!!  Also at Taste.

Hope you find some inspiration for NYE even if you are just stuck at home with the kids.  
xx L.





);