The Art of Jewellery Making | Three Cuff Rings

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Art of Jewellery Making | Gold Cuff Rings


A while back I decided I really wanted to get some rings made, a) because I couldn't find exactly what I wanted and b) because I wanted to have them engraved.  So for the first time since my wedding rings I “commissioned” some jewellery.  




I wasn’t sure where to start in finding a local jeweller, my preference was for a young, local designer and I was lucky enough to find the beautiful Kate McCoy based in Bondi through Etsy.  What a find it was, Kate has been so wonderful to deal with and sent through pictures of her making the rings without me even asking for them.  



I have loved the whole process from the early design/sizing stages, the working photos and finally receiving them in the post.  

There is something so satisfying about commissioning someone who is a master at their craft to create something from absolutely nothing into something to be admired and enjoyed for years to come.


I decided to get the rings engraved with my daughters names so I could give them each one when they turn 16 (which is only in 2.5 years for Kirra!!)

It was such a wonderful experience having these rings made, it has made me truly appreciate the work + craftsmanship that went into them + as a result I love them more!

xx L.

);