DIY Painted Pot Plants | Guest Post | Taylor & Cloth



-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



A big hello and introduction of our guest blogger Kate Taylor, the creative force behind textile and homewares brand Taylor & Cloth.  This creative mumma of 3 loves all things craft! Screen printing, sewing, crocheting, painting, you name it, she does it.  To welcome in Spring, Kate is sharing a fun way to brighten up your garden, window sill or front steps with these adorable dotty pots. 


Well Spring has arrived and with it the need to add some new colour indoors and out. These DIY painted pots can be used inside or out, great for your Spring herbs, seedlings, succulents or some potted colour.....  They also make a gorgeous gift!
Super easy and really cheap, I picked up these pots at Ikea for about $3 each, but you could get any kind of pot as long as it’s not plastic. Terracotta would look great too. I used acrylic paints for the spots, you can get these from any art supply store. 
Start by tracing a circle on your pot in pencil. I used a mini latte glass and spaced them out to fit 4 spots around the pot. 
I painted the spots white first, and then when this was dry I painted over the white in my chosen colours. I wanted to make sure the colours really popped against the neutral background. 
Now repeat using your chosen colours..... 
And the finished product is really cute and fun, especially on mass.
I hope this has inspired you to do a little easy DIY at your place. And if you do make some of your own why not let Loretta and myself know about it, you can tag us on Instagram at @urchincollective and @katetaylorandcloth.


Happy Making!

xx Kate Taylor

);